PSC Approves the Highland Wind Farm Project
STATEMENT from Emerging Energies of Wisconsin, LLC:
(Madison, Wis.) – “We applaud the Public Service Commission vote today (2-1) and commission Chairman Phil Montgomery in particular for listening to scientific reason and ultimately supporting a valuable project for the people of Wisconsin.
“EEW has worked tirelessly to be responsible future neighbors to the people of St. Croix County and will continue to work with residents in the affected area as we deliver jobs, clean energy and economic development.
“Commissioner Montgomery set high standards for us to meet and gave us another chance to prove that we were able to comply with the state’s noise standard for wind turbines.
“Our work will continue as we understand the emotional nature of this exhaustive debate. EEW will mend relationships, produce clean energy and put people to work. We thank the commission and the Towns of Forest and Cylon for their rigorous engagement.”
Highland Wind Farm Specifics:
- 26,550 acre project boundary
- Up to 44 turbine sites
- 100 + member construction workforce
- 6-8 permanent employees for wind farm operations
- 6,200 acres already under lease from property owners for turbine sites, access roads, distribution lines
- Connects to Xcel Energy’s 161-kilovolt transmission line near Forest-Cylon town line
of news release